HONEYED RICOTTA MOUSSE. I adore strawberries but this light and easy dessert can be served throughout the year with any ripe fresh fruits in season. Use artisanal raw honey with a flowery aroma such as orange blossom. Figs, peaches, melon and mango are splendid alternatives to berries.
For the mousse:
- 500 gr/ 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 100 ml/ ½ cup whipping cream or 2 tablespoon mascarpone
- 4-6 teaspoon good quality honey
For the marinated fruits:
- 1 basket strawberries or two peaches or mixed berries, cleaned and thinly sliced or cubed (do not cut up berries if they are small)
- 1/2 cup white vermouth, Amaretto or other sweet liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- juice of half lemon
Toss fruit, liqueur, sugar, and lemon juice in large bowl to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 h. For children, use only lemon juice and sugar.
If using cream, whip until firm. Whisk the sugar into the ricotta and add carefully the cream or mascarpone. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, spoon the ricotta mousse on a plate or bowl, add the fruit and drizzle with honey.